Shertina

Shertina
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Loving-Kindness


APPLICATION OF LOVING-KINDNESS

One of the smartest things that I done was to take this course while taking college algebra. The class is causing me a unique level of stress. I feel that the course work presents an opportunity for me to accomplish something that is out of my control. My ability to recognize that my thoughts have been negative and actually trigger more stress, has helped to pause and take some deep breaths or just stop working on the assignments. If I am upset or stressed, I can’t think my way out of a paper bag and therefore, whatever effort I put forth will be totally wasted. The only solution is an expanded consciousness that will allow for me to shift my attention from negative to positive. Then and only then, can I find true relief and solution with the possibility of being “in control.” According to Dacher, on page 38 of his book, he states that “We consciously choose to develop our life in order to realize our full potential” (Dacher, 2006, p. 38).

I was not at all difficult for me to stop and listen to the meditation because I know I would feel better. By listening to the ‘Loving Kindness” download, I made that my conscious decision to stop the progression of the stress, which was actually beating me up mentally, spiritually and physically. I welcomed the reprieve from the torture. And actually enjoyed the process of being led to a place in my spirit that was engulfed with love. Prior to starting the download, I drank half of a bottle of water and as I drank the water, I recited over and over (silently) “You are a pure as this water, make your thoughts as clear as this water and focus on the purity.” Reciting this silently, helped to prepare me for the meditation. The meditation experience was positive, relaxing and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend it or some type of meditation that will help a friend to stay focused and apply more loving into their life. I agree that we should look for opportunities to alleviate needless suffering, as Dacher points out in Chapter 6.
Shertina Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment