First, I apologize for taking so long to post my blog. However, I have been traveling the past few days. I just returned from Durham, NC where I attending a convention for a 12-step fellowship. The purpose of the convention was to share the message of hope and cultivate unity in the fellowship. I was able to have personal one-on-one conversations with people about living life on life's terms. A large majority of people in my network are adult students and it truly helps to know that I am not alone on the path to higher education. I was able to hear woman and men share from the heart and it reached my heart.
There were times as the convention when I felt that my mental/psychological sate of being was at a 10, however, there were periods of time when I was sad and frustrated and I was at a 2. Some areas of my life have been difficult for me and when I stop to think about where I am in my interpersonal relationships, I am not totally pleased. I was also trying to work on some math homework and it has been frustrating for me and I got very angry and closed minded about it. The solution to the extremes of my mental state is to continue to feed my mind and spirit positive information that motivates me. I also have to surrender to the chatter in my head about math and my ability to be successful at algebra. I need to realize that I need help and then take the next action. I have asked my sister to tutor me because she is excellent at algebra.
My physical well being has been a 4, and therefore if someone gives my a compliment, I can't just accept it. Physically, I have been unhappy with my weight for some years and I have suffered with health symptoms, as a result. Over the past 2 weeks, I have been to the doctor's and she ordered lab work and a nutritionist. I attended the class and I felt as thought progress had been made as a result of clear information. I have been thinking about my commitment to well-being and integral health and I realize that I must do something different. At the hotel, I stood naked in from of a wall mirror and looked at myself and I didn't like what I saw. In order to move forward, I have decided to wake up earlier each day and exercise for 30 min before work. I have done this before and it works.
Spiritually, I have felt like a 7 who wanted to be a 10. I have noticed my lack of faith about many different subjects, and two of them are love and money. In order to built my faith, I plan to incorporate more prayer, journaling and reading. In addition, I have used affirmations and visualization in the past to manifest my deepest desires.
My goals are to physically loose 30 pounds, spiritually become more rooted and grounded in the truth and increase my faith and psychologically, I pray for balance of my responsibilities.
Shertina
Hello Shertina! It is funny that you mentioned math. My friend that is also attending Kaplan has math this term and it frustrates her to no end! I ask her how in the world do you do discussions in math and so forth and let me tell you, it DOES NOT make me anymore excited about when I have to take mine! GRRR I have often thought about what steps I will take when my math class comes and I can totally understand where you are at with that. Math is not my friend but just as you said the need for “help”. I feel that is a good and wise decision on your part and one that I know personally that I will be asking for as well. I think asking for help in all aspects of life can be a good and beneficial thing, inside the home and out. I know when it comes to nutrition, which is my major just that will work for my clientele. In order to receive help in ensuring your better nutritional needs, you need to ask for it.
ReplyDeleteI think it is safe to say when it comes to physical well-being we all feel that we can do much better. I know that I can. It seems no matter what size I am I need to work on it and the deeper issue, my inner self. I think when it comes to the way we perceive ourselves, the mind and body both play a part. It can be a negative and a positive thing. I feel with you seeking out help in going to a nutritionist is a positive move on your part. You should be proud of yourself. And taking the steps to more physical exercise is another positive step. This too can help on the psychological end as well. The steps you have decided to take would most definitely work for my clientele as since I am going to school to be either a Nutritionist or Dietitian this is right up my alley! That is what we are there for; to help in ensuring you are receiving all your proper nutrients and over-all better nutrition.
Ahhh, love and money. The two things that seem to make the world go round and feel like it either will make you or break you. I think we all have dealt with this sometimes or another so remember, you are not alone. I know from experience that when someone says that it does not all of a sudden make you feel better but it is nice to know either way that you are not alone. I feel by your choosing things that make you feel better spiritually will benefit you in positive ways. I feel with reading and journaling can help out my “future” clientele as I would recommend them to keep a food journal to record what nutrients they are receiving or not. As for reading, this could help by looking up new & healthy recipes but also reading in general can help clear the mind and feel peace within, which in return can help in overall health. I just wanted to say I love your last part, “to manifest my deepest desires”. That is deep and that is awesome! Your goal is realistic and I think you continue with these strategies you will be right where you want to be in no time!
Hello Shertina,
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with Pam. I too and attending Kaplan for my Bachelors in Nutrition Science, and trust me, you're making a very good move by being so positive in your outlook on life. You're trying to better yourself which is a very big step.
As for your emotions, we are all faced with dilemmas in life...you're definitely not alone in that! I too feel that my psychological and spiritual health can be like a roller coaster, up one minute and down the next. All I can say for all of us is that we just need to maintain a focus on what we really want, which is inner peace. Pam is right...everything is connected. When we are happy physically and spiritually, it absolutely affects our mentality. I've been an athlete all of my life and being fit is a very big deal for me. As they say, we are our own worst critics. I am always judging myself no matter how many compliments I may get. I can't ever take a compliment, and that as a result is a psychological problem for me.
Anyway, we all have issues. We are all human. But we also know that we have the power to change whatever it is that is bothering us. You're a beautiful person and you're doing a great thing for yourself. Keep that in mind also...you're not doing this for anyone else but yourself. You do it to make you feel good!
Much love!
Tina, excellent post! I think that it is great that you were able to take the time to attend the conference, and allow yourself to inspire and be inspired! Spending that time away, to focus on your needs and the needs of others, is a great way for you to awaken your spirit. I, like you, need to lose weight and do not like what the mirror shows me when I am naked, either!! But, you are on a new path mentally, physically and spiritually and you will do it this time, sista!! Smiles, Kathryn
ReplyDelete