Shertina

Shertina
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Mental Workout...

It is not possible for us to evolve without a daily commitment to study and exercise to evolve our pyschospiritual life. When I take time to breath and focus my attention on positive things, I get positive results. Even though I know this, it is often hard to practice consistently. The research has proved that if an individual would take one hour out of their day for contemplative practice, they would be happier and healthier. However, when we stop practicing, we notice a significant drop off in our condition. I have had personal experience with this as I exercised regularly and felt better doing so, but most recently, I have stopped and my energy has dropped and my weight has increased. In addition, I use to meditate every morning before work and I noticed an increase in my stress and lack of tolerance. A good mental workout does help to “…opens our mind and reveals penetrating wisdoms that knows the truth of our life and of existence” (Dacher, 2006, p. 65).

Shertina

No comments:

Post a Comment